The Administrative Council recently established the Parish Capital Fund, formerly known as the Close the Gap Fund. The Close the Gap fund was established in 2014 to help retire the debt from the Master Plan building project in 2010 – the debt is now retired! The fund will now be a general capital improvement fund. Many parishioners choose to donate to this fund regularly.
How will the Parish Capital Fund be used?
These funds will be used for making improvements to the Parish buildings and grounds, including the Church, Rectory, Community Center and Kitchen, School Building, Martha Terrell Center, the two houses the parish owns, and the campus grounds.
Why is a Parish Capital Fund needed?
- LEGACY – Our buildings and grounds are one of our biggest assets. They are the legacy of fellow parishioners who have gone before us. We want to create a sustainable way for us to proactively care for them and live our mission into the future.
- STEWARDSHIP – As good stewards of our parish campus, we want to plan for capital needs. Establishing a fund for these types of projects will help us plan appropriately and our space will continue to support our ministries.The
The following is list of capital projects that have been identified by the Administrative Council:
- School Building: upgrade windows, upgrade HVAC system, remodel bathrooms
- Church Building: Roof & Masonry improvements, upgrade sound system
- Community Center and Meeting Rooms: replace carpet
- Rectory and Church: upgrade electrical system
- Parking Lot between School and Church: the Master Plan calls for a plaza to be developed