St. Andrew Parish recognizes that, as Jesus Christ was sent by God:
- To bring the good news to the poor,
- To proclaim liberty to captives,
- And to the blind new sight,
- To set the downtrodden free,
- To proclaim the Lord’s year of favor,” (Luke 4:18)
So it is the mission of St. Andrew Parish to be a visible presence of Christ in our culturally and racially diverse neighborhood, rooted in the Gospel and nurtured by liturgy, prayer, and the community of faith. As such we commit ourselves to work with the poor, the powerless, and the oppressed for the liberation of all; to seek justice, compassion, and peace in our lives, community and world; and to proclaim and celebrate God’s unconditional love for all.