Welcoming the Whole Family Committee
St. Andrew is proud of its ministry to gay, lesbian, transgendered, questioning and queer people since 1996. The Welcoming the Whole Family Committee consists of lots of straight allies, as well as gay people, who work to make our parish a welcoming place to all people.
Goal: To support St. Andrew Parish in its mission to honor and celebrate diversity, especially in making gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual Catholics feel welcome.
- To inform the St. Andrew community of issues related to gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual Catholics.
- To create a welcoming climate for the disenfranchised within the St. Andrew community.
- To help create a welcoming climate for gay, lesbian, transgender and bisexual individuals within the larger Christian and Catholic community in Oregon.
- Include welcoming issues in prayers of the faithful
- Have at least one social event for committee members to meet new people and keep things alive
- Assist with World AIDS Day Service on Dec. 1